D.G. Price & Co.’s practice in the area of work accident claims involves the following:
- Providing advice and representation to injured workers claiming workers compensation benefits including;
- interim claims for payment of weekly benefits or medical expenses;
- representation at WorkCover hearings including conciliation conferences and arbitration hearings;
- conducting settlement negotiations;
- advice on common law rights and limitation periods;
- arranging whole person impairment medical assessments to identify lump sum compensation entitlements;
- advice in relation to settlement offers.
- Providing advice and assistance to injured workers who are entitled to claim damages in negligence or at common law for personal injuries arising from a work accident including:
- accident investigation and assessment;
- advice on liability and quantum; and
- litigation of claims in District and Supreme Courts.
- Providing advice and assistance to uninsured employers faced with a workers compensation claim including:
- advice on liability to the General Fund of WorkCover;
- potential criminal charges arising from any failure to hold workers’ compensation insurance.
- Representation of employers and businesses who have proceedings issued against them in connection with a worker claiming damages for work-related injury including:
- David Price, Principal