Road Traffic Law
Traffic and driving related offences can result in substantial fines, the revocation of your driver’s license and in serious circumstances imprisonment. Therefore it is important to speak with an experienced traffic lawyer who can provide you with appropriate advice and representation as soon as possible.
Traffic offences include:
- Hoon offences such as burnouts, excessive noise caused by the vehicle or reckless driving;
- Careless driving or dangerous driving;
- Failing to stop for police or refusing a breath test;
- Driving without a license;
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Dangerous driving occasioning bodily harm; and
- Dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm or death.
Generally most traffic law matters are heard and determined in the Magistrates Court. However, when traffic related offences are committed in a circumstance of aggravation they will be heard in the District Court and sentences substantially increase.