Gerald Yin graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2006 with a double bachelor degree in Arts and Law. Prior to Gerald’s admission into the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2008, he completed his articles at Albert Wolff Chambers under the reputable guidance of barrister, Thomas Percy QC. Following his admission, Gerald was employed at D.G. Price & Co. and has since accumulated over 12 years of experience predominately in the area of criminal law, in particular:
- Homicide related offences including murder and manslaughter;
- Drug related offences;
- Serious assault charges; and
- Sexual offences, including allegations of child sexual abuse.
“I understand for every client I represent that I am probably dealing with one of the most important things that has ever happened to them. The ramifications of being charged with a criminal offence are often life changing. This is a responsibility I accept and embrace with open arms. It is my sworn duty to obtain the best result I can for any client and this is what I endeavour to do at all times”
In addition to the above, Gerald has extensive experience dealing with the following areas of criminal law:
- Property offending such as property laundering, armed robbery, burglary and stealing;
- Fraud offences;
- Criminal damage offences;
- Firearms and weapon related offences;
- Bail applications;
- Applications for spent conviction orders;
- Criminal appeals against convictions and sentences;
- Restraining order applications, responses and/or breaches of restraining orders;
- Traffic offences;
- Applications for an extraordinary driver’s license;
- Racing matters – representation at Steward’s Inquiries or at the Racing Penalties Appeals Tribunal.
Gerald has represented clients as Counsel in most Courts and Tribunals in Western Australia including the Magistrates and District Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and the High Court of Australia, Corruption and Crime Commission, Royal Commissions, Coronial Inquests, Local Government Inquiries, Steward’s Inquires, Racing Penalties Appeal Tribunal and the Medical Board of Australia.
In 2018 and 2019 Gerald was recognised as a ‘Recommended Leading West Australian Criminal Defence Lawyer’ by Doyle’s Guide.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Criminal Lawyers Association of Western Australia